Thought for August 26

 History:

  • 1682: Edmond Halley first observes Halley's Comet
  • 1873: First free kindergarten in US begins in Missouri
  • 1874: 16 blacks taken from jail in Trenton TN and lynched
  • 1968: Beatles release "Hey Jude" single
  • 2016: Colin Kaepernick kneels in protest during National Anthem
  • Born: Antoine Lavoisier [father of modern chemistry],  Mary Ann Nichols [1st victim of Jack the Ripper], Albert Sabin [oral polio vaccine], Mother Teresa, Katherine Johnson [Hidden Numbers], Geraldine Ferraro, Will Shortz [NY Times Crossword], Branford Marsalis, Melissa McCarthy, Macaulay Culkin, 
  • Died: Antonie van Leeuwenhoek [first to observe bacteria], Lon Chaney, Andrew Mellon, Ransom Olds, Charles Lindbergh, Ted Knight, Neil Simon, 

Thought:
Reading from Genesis 18 today. Focused on just a verse: 18:14--Is anything too difficult for the Lord? Have you ever thought about that? Is there something that God has insufficient power to handle? Is there something too complicated for God to figure out? Is there something so messed up that God cannot redeem and transform it? Is there anything so far gone that God cannot rescue it? I think our whole walk as Christians is determined by our answers to these questions. If there are things that Jesus cannot handle, then who can we go to? If there are things Jesus cannot understand, who can we go to for counsel? 

When I think about it, Satan uses these questions to create doubt and fear leading to anxiety, distress, turmoil and ultimately disobedience. So I am grateful for God's Word that tells me over and over again that there is nothing that I face that is too difficult for God; nothing that confronts me that is greater than His love, grace, mercy and power; nothing that He does not understand; nothing that is too insignificant for me to seek His advice, counsel, help. 

So if I can believe that there is nothing too difficult for God, I can relax and rest in Him and on His promises. 
  • I can't figure out a situation, BUT if I lack wisdom, I ask and He gives wisdom generously. 
  • I am afraid, BUT I received the Spirit of adoption allowing me to cry out to my Abba Father--Daddy. And when I am holding my Daddy's hand, I am not afraid.
  • I am confused, BUT God is not the author of confusion, He is the author of peace. 
  • I am anxious, BUT by prayer and supplication I make my plea to the Father, and the peace that passes understanding guards my heart and mind.
  • I feel alone, BUT God will strengthen me, help me, uphold me with His right hand. 
  • I feel helpless, BUT I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. 
  • I get impatient, BUT those that wait upon the Lord will rise up on eagles wings.
  • I am overwhelmed, BUT when I pass through the waters, God is with me, the rivers shall not overflow me, and though I walk through the fire, I will not be burned. 
  • My burden is too heavy, BUT I cast all my cares on Him because He cares for me.
  • I am dying in the flesh, BUT I am confident that when I am absent from the body, I will be present with the Lord. 
Nothing is too difficult for our Great God. 

Blessings
Larry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for July 19

Thought for November 23, 2023

Thought for April 5, 2024