Thought for July 26, 2024

  • 1775: Post Office created
  • 1944: First V-2 rocket hits Britain
  • 1945: USS Indianapolis reaches Tinian with the atomic bomb
  • 1990: George HW Bush signs Americans with Disabilities Act
  •  Born: George Bernard Shaw, Carl Jung, Aldous Huxley, Stanley Kubrick, Mick Jagger, Helen Mirren, Kevin Spacey, Sandra Bullock, Jason Statham, Dorothy Hamill
  • Died: Sam Houston, Ed Gein, George Gallup, Sinead O'Connor, William Jennings, Bryan, Robert Todd Lincoln, Eva Peron, Mary Wells, 
Thought:
Pondering Mark 5:36 today. Words spoken by Jesus to Jairus, the synagogue official whose daughter was dying. Recall, Jesus’ walk to Jairus house was interrupted by the woman with the issue of blood. So now, people come telling Jairus that his daughter is dead, Jesus cannot help. And Jesus says, "Do not be afraid any longer, only believe." Do you need to hear that this morning? 

In my life there have been times when things seemed hopeless. I had prayed for something, but Jesus said no or wait or answered in a way I did not expect. I try to relate to Jairus. He knew who could help his daughter. He went to that person. He fell at Jesus' feet and prayed to Him--if You will come and lay Your hands on her, she will live. Sound familiar. A situation I cannot handle, a problem I cannot solve, an issue that is beyond my wisdom. I know where to go for help. I pray. Then I wait. Others like the woman with the issue of blood seem to get their prayers answered, but mine has not been heard, or not reached the top of the Lord's list, or maybe I didn't pray the right way or use the right words. 

I need to hear, "do not fear, only believe." Believe that Jesus loves me. Believe that Jesus knows my situation. Believe that Jesus heard my cry. Believe that Jesus answers every prayer. Believe that how He answers will be what is best for His glory. Believe that He is working out His plan. Believe that while I do not understand the moving of His hand right now, He will make everything right and new in His time. If I can just believe, I have no fear. Lord, help my unbelief!

Blessings
Larry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for July 19

Thought for November 23, 2023

Thought for April 5, 2024