Thought for April 3

History:

  • 1860: Pony Express begins between St. Joseph MO and Sacramento CA
  • 1882: Jesse James killed by Robert Ford
  • 1933: First airplane flight over Denali
  • 1953: First issue of TV Guide
  • 1960: Elvis records "It's Now or Never," "Fever," and "Are You Lonesome Tonight" at RCA studio in Nashville
  • 1968: "Planet of the Apes" premiers
  • 1973: First mobile phone call completed
  • 1974: Super tornado outbreak kills 315 and injures 5500. One hit a house near the corner of Leland Lane and Tyne Boulevard--I was there.
  • 2007: Lady Vols win their 7th Championship
  • 2020: Captain Brett Crozier cheered after being fired for writing a letter demanding more help for sailors with Covid
Thought:
Reading again Luke 1:37 this morning. "Nothing will be impossible with God." This is Gods's word to Mary. It had been God's word to Sarah in the Old Testament when she was promised a son named Isaac. "Is anything to difficult for God?" Genesis 18:14. There are certainly days when I need to be reminded of this truth--Nothing is impossible with God and nothing is too difficult for God. 
  • A situation arises that seems too big, too difficult, too hard. Then I am reminded--nothing is too difficult with God. Did you notice? In both of these passages it does not say nothing is too difficult for God. That is true, but here it says nothing is too difficult with God. With God in control, with God as my strength, with God as my wisdom, with God as my guide, with God as my provider, with God as my sufficiency--nothing is impossible. 
  • A health challenge seems to have no good answer, no cure, no treatment--but nothing is impossible with God. He can heal. He can sustain. He can walk me through. 
  • A relationship is broken, trust is gone, I am hurt. But nothing is impossible with God. God can restore, God can forgive, God can refresh and renew. 
  • God tells me to love my enemies and do good to those that misuse me--impossible. But nothing is impossible with God. He fills me with love, not hate, forgiveness not revenge. Nothing is impossible with God. 
If God can give child to the barren and the virgin, what can He do in all those impossible situations I face? Well, the word says "exceedingly, abundantly above all I could think or imagine." 

Lord, when only the impossible can help, may I turn to You, for nothing is too difficult for you. 

Blessings
Larry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for July 19

Thought for November 23, 2023

Thought for April 5, 2024