Thought for March 25

 History:

  • 1807: Parliament abolishes slave trade in British Empire
  • 1934: First Augusta National Invitation Tournament [The Masters]
  • 1954: RCA manufactures the first color TV [12.5 inch screen, $1000]
  • 1960: First missle launched from nuclear powered sub
  • 2005: Jennifer Anniston files for divorce from Brad Pitt
  • Born: David Lean, Jack Ruby, Aretha Franklin, Elton John, Sarah Jessica Parker
  • Died: Claude Debussy
Thought:
My attention today is on Matthew 26:73 which I have underlined. Peter is in the courtyard by the fire. He is fulfilling the prophesy that he will deny Christ 3 times before the cock crows. He has already denied Jesus twice and now bystanders come and say, “Surely you too are one of them; for the way you talk gives you away.” Think about that this morning. Does the way you talk give you away as a follower of Jesus? Here they are referring to Peter’s Galilean accent. But to me, the verse asks can people recognize Christ in me by the way I speak?

Is my mouth a source of truth and blessing?
Is my tongue a fountain of praise or filled with gossip, criticism, complaint?
Are my words sources of peace or instruments of conflict, chaos, or dissension?
Do I bless those that curse me?
Do I respond to evil with good?
Do my words give encouragement and hope, healing not hurting?

Can the world tell I follow Jesus by listening to me talk?

Lord, help us sound like you today.

Blessings 
Larry 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for July 19

Thought for November 23, 2023

Thought for April 5, 2024