Thought for February 14

 History:

  • 1924: Thomas Watson renames the Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company as International Business Machines
  • 1929: St. Valentine's Day massacre
  • 1931: Original "Dracula" released with Bela Lugosi
  • 1971: Richard Nixon installs secret taping system in the White house
  • 1978: First "micro on a chip" patented by Texas Instruments
  • 1984: Jane Torvill and Christopher Dean ice dance to Bolero in Sarajevo
  • Born: Frederick Douglas, Jack Benny, Mickey Wright, Carl Bernstein
  • Died: Richard II, James Cook, William Tecumseh Sherman, Dolly the Sheep
Happy Valentine's Day

Thought:
Back in 2021, I wrote about writing a love letter to Jesus on Valentine's Day. I first suggested reading "How Do I Love Thee" by Elizabeth Barrett Browning:

Let me count the ways I love. I will love the Lord
  • To the depths, to the breadths, to the heights. 
  • In the day and in the night
  • Freely, purely, passionately, faithfully
  • In smiles and tears, in life and if God allows, after death
Then I suggested using 1 Corinthians 13 as a model for a love letter to Jesus. Reading it again this morning and thought I would share it again:
  • Jesus, I love you because You first loved me
  • I love You because You are so patient with me---You love me even when I mess up again and again
  • I love You because You are so kind to me--read Psalm 136
  • I love You for the miracle of life--eternal, abundant life.
  • I love You for the creation You made for us---I see Your loving hand in its beauty and complexity, in its order.
  • I love you when I consider all the worlds You have made--the stars in space.
  • I love You when the rain falls, the grass grows, the flowers bloom.
  • I love You for Your grace--amazing, saving grace.
  • I love You for Your tender mercy--how gently You care for me.
  • I love You for Your perfect plan--even when I don't understand it.
  • I love You for Your power and strength--nothing is impossible with You, nothing is too difficult for You.
  • I love You for Your unchanging character--the same yesterday, today and forever.
  • I love You for Your joy, given freely, and flowing no matter the circumstances.
  • I love You for Your peace--incomprehensible but my resting place where all my problems and troubles, all my worries and doubts flee.
  • I love You because You chose me.
  • I love You because You will never leave me--even when I cannot feel You, You are there.
  • I love You for inviting me to join You in that place we call heaven and for preparing a place for me there.
  • How do I love Thee? Let me count the ways.
Blessings
Larry


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for July 19

Thought for November 23, 2023

Thought for April 5, 2024