Thought for February 10


Sorry, no bold today. My computer crashed and I’m trying to post on my iPad.

 History:

  • 1763: Treaty of Paris surrenders Canada to Britain
  • 1855: Citizenship law changed so that children of US citizens born abroad have US citizenship
  • 1863: First fire extinguisher patent issued
  • 1897: NY Times starts using the slogan "All the News That's Fit to Print"
  • 1933: First singing telegram delivered
  • 1939: "Stagecoach" with John Wayne premiers
  • 1940: "Tom & Jerry" cartoon premiers
  • 1942: First gold record--"Chattanooga Cho Cho" by Glenn Miller
  • 1968: Peggy Fleming wins Gold at Grenoble
  • 2005: Prince Charles and Camilla Parker are engaged
  • Born: Boris Pasternak ["Dr. Zhivago"], Alan Hale, Jimmy Durante, Bill Tilden, Leontyne Price, Robert Wagner, Roberta Flack, Mark Spitz,Greg Norman, Jim Cramer ["Mad Money"], George Stephanopoulos, Laura Dern, Lexi Thompson
  • Died: David Brewster [invented kaleidoscope], Joseph Lister, Wilhem Rontgen [discovered x-rays], Laura Ingalls Wilder, Alex Haley, Buddy the Wonder Dog [Air Bud], Ron Ziegler, Arthur Miller, Roy Scheider, Shirley Temple
Thought:
Reflecting on Jeremiah 33:3 this morning, a verse I underlined many years ago. "Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things which you do not know."

First, think about the "Me" who extends this invitation. In 33:2, He identifies Himself--the Lord who made, formed and established the earth. When someone says, I have got some things to tell you, some really great things, I first want to think about who it is that is offering to reveal something. Are they smart? Are they wise? Are they informed? Are they in the know? Are they the source or is this hearsay? Do they really know something? When God says call to Me because I have something to tell you something you do not know, He is the One there at the beginning. He has seen everything, heard everything, created everything. And not only that, He knows everything that will happen--He knows the past and the future. He is an eye witness and He is all wisdom and all knowledge. so when God invites me to ask Him about something or He says He has something to tell me, I want to hear.

Second, He promises to always answer. My grandfather used to tell me that God says yes, no or wait. That was good for a 10 year old to hear. But as I have matured some, I find that He answers in so many more  ways. Folks in my Sunday School class ask me all kinds of questions and I often have to say, I don't know. God never has to say He doesn't know. He knows. He may say wait for the answer and trust Me. He may say later. He may give me an answer I don't want to hear. But He answers.

Third, notice what He wants to tells us--great and mighty things. When God says the answers are great and mighty--WOW! For things I think are great and mighty do not compare to His. What great thing has the Lord said to you. I know at least one or two that all of us have heard--I love you, I will not abandon you, I will help you. And from God that is a great and mighty answer. 

Fourth, God will tell us some things we do not know. He may call a friend to mind who needs a call, a note, a hug. We didn't even know about their situation, but when we call, it is just the right time.  And there are many others.

Today--call upon the Lord--He has something He wants to tell you. 

Blessings
Larry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought for July 19

Thought for November 23, 2023

Thought for April 5, 2024